About the Role
We are eager to discuss the prospect of you joining our team as our next incredible team member! This position reports to the EVP, Chief Risk Officer and serves as a key leader responsible for the credit administration of the SBA business lending line.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to partner with team members and key stakeholders to:
- Manages the SBA department’s overall loan portfolio to ensure timely decisioning of credit, strong credit quality, accurate risk ratings and disciplined credit monitoring of the SBA portfolio.
- Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the loan review compliance, collections and credit analysis functions including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable SBA regulatory agencies.
- Develop, implement, and monitor reporting systems and methods to effectively track credit performance, annual reviews, and lending practices.
- Serve as liaison between the bank and all regulatory authorities in connection with all SBA audits and examinations. Research and respond to inquiries of state and federal examiners as well as internal and external auditors.
- Develop and maintain SBA loan grading processes to ensure that all loans are properly risk graded for the life of the loan.
- Drives decisions regarding staffing, budgets, and/or goals to align their respective area(s) with the company’s strategic objectives.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position, averaging approximately 40 hours/week. Schedule may vary between the hours of 7:30 am CST to 5:30 pm CST Monday through Friday.
This position is remote eligible. Individuals may choose to work from a designated home office space or may choose to work onsite at any of the branch locations.
You do what is right over what is easy. You don’t settle for “good enough.” You’re driven to learn and grow. You recognize your impact on the customer experience, regardless of your role.
Those attributes are just a few things our incredible employees have in common.
And, if you are looking for an opportunity to drive the company’s culture, strategy, and goals for key operations in the bank and enjoy working with a fast-paced high functioning team, we’d be so excited to learn a little more about you and your interests in joining the team! Our recommended and preferred qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience or training in the credit field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Prior SBA credit experience is desired.
- 5+ years management/supervisory experience desired.
- One or a combination of the following licenses is preferred: CPA, CBA, CIA
About Our Benefits and Compensation
Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to show our appreciation by offering top-tier benefits and, dare we say, more than competitive compensation that we’re willing to discuss up front.
And we are constantly evaluating and improving our benefits. In fact, eligible employees receive over 30 days off per calendar year! That includes 18 days of PTO to begin, PLUS an Anniversary Holiday, Birthday Holiday, Wellness Holiday, and 12 observed Bank Holidays.
About the Company
We strive to stay on the leading edge of banking technology with the goal providing the best, simplest way for our customers across the country to do their banking. But if our customers need us, they can pick up the phone and talk to a real person.
Today we have customers in all 50 states. But we know that as an employer, it’s less about size than it is about culture. That’s why we’re especially proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work®.