SBA Loan Closing and Funding Specialist
Addison, TX, USA Req #939
Imagine working somewhere that offers more than a steady paycheck; a place where you have ownership, employees are celebrated and growth is encouraged, both personally and professionally.
We are eager to welcome you as a new SBA Loan Closing and Funding Specialist to our team who will help us continue to drive change, create a fun and inclusive work environment while bringing creative and open- minded ideas to our people experience through the lens of our core values.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you?
We’ve included the traditional job responsibilities, but there are a few guiding principles taken directly from our Culture Book which we want to share to help you identify if your personal values align with ours, such as:
We look at the organizational chart as a framework, not an enclosure.
- Everyone at the bank is an owner and business development ambassador, thanks to our ESOP.
- We do things the ethical and honest way every time because it’s the only way.
- We are always looking ahead, reading ahead and thinking ahead.
Our company’s culture supports customers in achieving their financial goals and dreams. At the guidance of the direct supervisor you will be responsible for the generation of SBA loans (Small Business Administration). You’ll be able to help contribute to this by:
- Knowledge of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews loan requests to insure accurate documentation/information is being obtained in order to proceed with requests.
- Understands and recognizes when exceptions to bank policy and procedures are present.
- Engages and/or reviews any 3rd party vendors and orders all UCC searches, flood determinations, title commitments, OFAC, CAIVRS, etc. as required.
- Reviews and approves all title commitments, surveys, insurance, fuel supply agreements, UCC searches for lien position and any other third party documents as needed.
- Prepares Closing Checklist on each loan and updates the checklist as needed.
- Prepares Construction Checklist for each loan, if required, and updates the checklist as needed.
- Coordinates with 3rd party inspector on all construction loans.
- Prepares SBA packaging forms.
- Obtains INS verifications, if needed.
- Orders and reviews all 4506 transcripts.
- Creates loan file which will contain all documentation.
- Reviews and approves all required documentation received, i.e. purchase agreements, corporate documents, lease agreements, landlord subordinations, construction documentation, vehicle titles, etc. as required for the loan.
- Submits loan to SBA/USDA for approval and prepares SBA Loan Authorization for any SBA PLP loans.
- Pays the guaranty fee.
- Reviews closing documents before releasing documents to insure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Schedules and coordinates loan closings.
- Ensures all loans are closed and funded according to the approved loan request, bank policy, regulatory guidelines and SBA/USDA policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the SBA loan servicing department for the loan funding and booking.
- Finalizes loan file for post close audit.
- Follows up on any outstanding closing ticklers and/or exceptions as needed.
- Be available as need to cross train and perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
- Administer corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities and/or projects as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Comply with compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain confidentiality and information protection.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulatory rules and regulations governing financial institutions, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Loan quality assurance or loan assistant experience helpful.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent knowledge in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient proof reading skills required.
- Knowledge of SBA One and/or PCFS (Creditwrx and Loan Manager) preferred.
- SBA Loan Closing experience
Education, Experience & Licenses:
- High school diploma.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years SBA and/or commercial loan experience.