|Operations and Information Technology Specialist
||VP of Operations
|☐ Temporary ☒ Full-Time ☐ Part-Time
Responsible for helping to maintain high levels of efficiency in the operations department. Working on projects and making suggestions to improve overall efficiency of the bank’s loan, deposit and financial functions. This job performs cost/reward analysis of proposed changes to determine if it’s appropriate for the bank to implement proposed changes taking into account financial resources as well as risk analysis to present viable options. They will assist in managing IT implementation and support activity for the bank’s information processing systems, hardware and related equipment and systems.
- Research and update policies and procedures as required and to ensure adherence to bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assist operations staff in assisting customers and resolving high-level issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Review daily IT security reports for suspicious activity.
- Review reports and help maintain accurate core database.
- Review dormant accounts and prepare annual escheat report to the State of Ohio.
- Prepare and create Crystal Reports as needed for all areas of the bank.
- Prepare monthly data extractions for Profit Magnifier software.
- Review updates with core processor and implement changes necessary to make the core system efficient for all staff members.
- Manage new products and services projects and ensure timely completion and implementation.
- Assist with IT hardware and software updates, replacement and support as needed.
- Work with staff to ensure IT needs are met and provide assistance and training as needed.
- Recommend appropriate deposit and lending products to customers or potential customers as appropriate.
- Report any required activity under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations to keep bank in compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in finance, accounting, business or economics, or equivalent work and educational experience.
- At least 3-5 years banking experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, with the ability to learn other job-specific applications.
- Ability to think strategically and implement change.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Knowledge of report writing in Crystal Reports or other database management software a plus.
- Must be comfortable self-teaching new software programs and have the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions