Loan Review Analyst
The Loan Review Analyst plays an important role in ensuring that the bank properly identifies, quantifies, and responds to the risks that arise within the bank’s loan portfolio as economic conditions and other factors affecting the bank’s customers change. This position is primarily responsible for analyzing financial data, records, documents, and other sources of information to aid in the performance of comprehensive annual loan reviews of complex commercial lending relationships and reviews of individual commercial loans, and recommending the appropriate grade / risk rating for each loan. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the identification of Troubled Debt Restructurings, and calculation of loan impairments. This position reports to the SVP, Commercial Credit Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial statements, tax returns and other information, to determine the financial condition, repayment capacity, and future prospects of borrowers and
- Review loan and collateral documentation to verify the current status and to identify any
- Evaluate borrowers’ loan performance and compliance with loan
- Assess collateral position and
- Conduct research and verify information from both internal and external
- Write reports and substantiate
- Monitor financial information on an on-going basis to identify trends and assess the impact of changes as they
- Interact with customers to obtain financial statements, tax returns, and other information as
- Other duties and responsibilities as
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- One or more years of experience in commercial loan review, commercial credit analysis, commercial lending, or the
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements, income tax returns, accounting principles, credit reports, loan documentation, title matters, lien perfection, and collateral
- Proficient computer, research, analytical, and communication
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and
- Responsive, attentive to details, and thorough, with a strong commitment to
- Curious mind. Inquisitive.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, follow through on commitments, and meet Adaptable.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, readily willing to help associates, committed to forging positive and trusting working relationships with coworkers, customers, professional service providers, vendors, and others at all levels of their respective
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, other business discipline, or the
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Sitting or standing for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Professional office environment. Occasional lifting.