|☐ Temporary ☒ Full-Time ☐ Part-Time
Responsible for providing proper loan disclosures as required by local, state and federal regulations. This job ensures all loan documentation is complete, accurate, verified and complies with the bank’s credit policy. They will assist loan officers with expediting the processing and closing of all loans while providing excellent customer service.
- Review information obtained from loan officers for accuracy, completeness and viability.
- Communicate with 3rd party referral sources as agreed to with loan officer.
- Obtain additional documentation needed from all sources.
- Obtain approval and closing conditions.
- Ability to make rational risk based decisions with regards to underwriting and processing determinations.
- Verify appraisal, credit and title have been ordered for all files within pipeline and ensure delivery of required reports.
- Collect, verify and analyze all documentation required before closing.
- Must be able to process multiple files within pipeline, all at different stages of the approval process and take responsibility from start to finish of all files in the pipeline.
- Responsible for completing, maintaining and servicing all loan files.
- Held to a higher level of accountability and responsibility of industry knowledge.
- Respond to department specific questions; research and resolve customer issues.
- Report any required activity under the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering regulations to keep bank in compliance.
- Evaluate current procedures, make recommendations and implement for process improvement.
- Assist in other duties performed in the Operations Department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Associate or Bachelors’ degree preferred, or equivalent banking and/or customer service work and educational experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Should hold a general understanding of all the areas of the mortgage industry–Must have knowledge of Conventional, Purchase, and Refinance.
- Strong working understanding of closing and title procedures preferred.
- Good communication skills with internal staff, Loan Officers, 3rd party referral sources and customers.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, with the ability to learn other job-specific applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Accurate data entry of loan transaction into customer database.