Title: Commercial Loan Officer
Chief Lending Officer
Summary: Interviews commercial loan applicants and makes credit decisions within established guidelines. Processes loan applications, prepares appropriate documentation; generates new business while maintaining customer relationships; manages a portfolio of commercial loans; and may coordinate some collection efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors loan policy compliance.
- Reviews new note audit report and loan input sheets to CIS file maintenance report for accuracy.
- Reviews credit files on new loans for proper documentation.
- Review analysis of activities. Costs, operation, and forecast date to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Travel to various customer locations to interview applicants and request specific information for loan application, financial statements, credit reports, and tax returns.
- Spend most of the time meeting with customers and prospective customers at the customers’ location.
- Analyze the financial status of the customer.
- Analyze the applicant’s assets and liabilities to determine feasibility of granting secured or unsecured loan.
- Approve loan within certain limits or discuss with Chief Lending Officer for approval.
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Collect past due accounts through phone calls, sending correspondence, or personal visit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Analytical Skills.
- Ability to work independently in making business development calls.
- Incentive pay is 15bp’s to 25bp’s depending on production.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; three-five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of credit analysis, credit review process, or commercial lending experience.