Position: Commercial Relationship
Reports to: Commercial Banking Executive
We believe in a client-focused approach to local banking. All positions are committed to being
self-managed and entrepreneurial, while consistently embracing growth opportunities. Employees are dedicated to
engaging with other team members in peer-to-peer solutions to propel our bank’s strategic objective of
being the preferred community financial institution across Central Florida. We care about our team members, our clients,
and our communities, and in doing so, our employees demonstrate servant leadership and volunteering within the
community. Our team reflects the characteristics of our core values and leads by example.
The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for prudent revenue generation for the bank through the
development of profitable loan and deposit relationships with companies and their owners in the bank’s target market
with established goals and accountabilities pertaining to client service and new business acquisition. Targeted business
revenue size of $2 MM or more. The Commercial Relationship Manager is effective in calling activity, proposal generation,
revenue generation, risk mitigation, and ability to build successful relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the local business development activities to promote the Bank’s products and services, ensure the maintenance
of the Bank’s favorable image, and develop full banking relationships with present and potential commercial banking
• Identify and originate new commercial and personal relationships while managing and maintaining key relationships
of the market.
• Manage the assigned goals of loans, deposits, and business lines.
• Cross-sell related banking services to include Treasury Management, deposit products and referrals to Professional
• Represent the Bank in industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc.,
and promote the Bank’s favorable image. Stay current on trends in the market place.
• Represent the bank at various internal and external functions to promote its services and commitment to the
community, including networking with other professionals.
• Develop information concerning businesses and borrowing needs, repayment abilities, and business earnings to
determine whether a loan is an acceptable risk.
• Gather personal information about clients and businesses in a timely manner to ensure that an informed decision is
made regarding the creditworthiness of the borrower and the probability of repayment.
• Manage the Annual Review process of existing client credit exposure along with the Commercial Support Specialist
partners to assure the timely receipt of all required financial information.
• Utilization of the Banks internal customer relationship management systems and other Bank tools in the day to day
management of existing client portfolio, prospect management process and required calling goals.
• Maintain the credit quality of the assigned portfolio through collaboration with credit partners. Will monitor the
accountability of the assigned loan portfolio on a regular basis.
• Proactively manage past dues, work towards maintaining an acceptable risk tolerance for the portfolio, and
proactively manage through problem loan situations.
• Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This may include
identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and
maintaining appropriate records.
• Adheres to Bank’s policies and procedures and all Federal and State laws and regulations.
• Perform ALL other duties, as assigned.